Monday, February 9, 2009

No Pictures yet

We had no sun for most of the weeknd. It was quite warm on Saturday though. Birdie went out and roamed the neighborhood a little. She was stalking a Flicker in my neighbors yard. Of course the Flicker took very little notice of her. There was another Flicker on my front lawn snacking on ants and other things she could find. I finally decided that she was the female and the one in my neighbor's yard was the male. He kept squawking every so often just to let her know where he was. ha!

I was organizing some living room chair projects on Saturday and guess what I found? Yup. Yarn #102. ACK!! I emailed Solveig asap and told her I was stupid. Plus it was not the color I had been using. So, I tinked back half a row and started again with the correct color. The best thing about this knitting is that all the colors look ok in the knitting. Don't ask me why I couldn't read the difference between #102 and #177. duh

I got my quilting out last night and finished one border piece of a Sampler that I am working on. Two more pieces to go, then that top will be done. It was the only thing I could half concentrate on last night when I finally admitted to having the flu and not allergies. Uncle. At least the flu "broke" last night and now my head and lungs are clearing out. This means having a huge supply of Klennex on hand and some Fra'angelico to sooth my throat and break up the crap in my lungs. ugh

And we had more snow this morning. Just a little though. Most in the mountains. yay. It can stay up there from now on as far as I am concerned. I am getting cabin fever. I filled my bird feeders yesterday and it was truly cold out there. sheesh. The birds are happy though and I was considering the happy little weed heads everywhere. Time to go out and spray vinegar on them. I don't feel much like mixing up Weed-b-gone quite yet and the vinegar will work perfectly. All the Morning Glory I can kill at this early date, the better. As well as the pea vine, wild geraniums and heliotrope weed that I can find. I am not sure of the last name of weed, but it has the most nauseating smell when the flowers are fully blooming and I have heard that most people don't like the smell of heliotrope because of the same reason.

I could go out and stick some sugar snap pea seeds into the ground soon. And get ready to start some heirloom tomatoes under lights as well. OOh, and order some purple/blue potatoes. Yummy.

So, that's it for today. I guess I need to tell some people about this new blog, huh?

J

No comments:

Post a Comment