Friday, February 6, 2009

Two days in a row

Yup, two days.

I am still battling allergies, but think that our storm is now here, things will get better. Hot food and scratchy food like toast and granola bars are getting me through it. Plus plenty of rest and sleep.

I was knitting along last night and ran out of one the of colors on the Bohus sweater. Ack! I will write to http://www.solsilke.se/ (Solveig) from home tonight for some more. I don't think I used more than I was supposed to, so ?? I can wait. She is pretty fast on shipping. The knitting has been kind of frustrating for me, mostly because of the 14 different colors sometimes with 4 colors used per row and me not paying attention and I haven't done colorwork for a very long time. I will be pleased to move on to the solid dark green for some mindless knitting. For now, I can go back to my oatmeal colored vest and the man's indigo dyed sweater.

We have rain today and maybe snow tonight. Our little respite is over. It was over 50 degrees yesterday so let the snow and rain come and just get it over with. I have surely loved wearing wool socks and vests and sweaters though this winter. My office is a refrigerator and huddling around the space heater is a year around thing. I am the only woman here and they are all hot blooded guys, so they think I am pretty funny wanting to be warm. They complain that my office is so hot or why am I wearing my coat? doh.

I will take current pics this weekend of projects on the wheel and needles, I need to update my Ravelry pages anyway. I did update those pages a couple of weeks ago, but haven't taken any pics of the oatmeal vest. I bought this wonderful wool from friend Jo at Notlwonk Springs who was at our retreat this summer. I spun it and am now knitting. I haven't done that for a long time and it's fun to do a project from fiber to finished in a short amount of time. I am knitting yet another vest from Folk Vests. The Clock Vest. I have really enjoyed getting back to more complicated cables and the colorwork. I have to think about it all and it gets my mind off work and all the things I probably should be thinking about or doing. ha! not

This weekend, I will be learning how to do fusible applique. I probably have done this at one time or another, but this is a full quilt top. Friend Jill, has been doing this same project this way and I wanted to use some of the huge pile of handdyed fabrics that I accumulated during a lot of years exchanges online. Our applique group leader calls it "lick and stick" I love that description. I hope pics of that project will happen this weekend as well.

Oh, I ended up with two new tires yesterday. I have had an unreasonable number of flat tires over the last year or so. It is a danger of working around building materials I guess. So, these tires were just shot. I was going to get two new ones before travelling this summer, so I just ended up with them early. Just in time to drive in snow. sigh

Ta for now.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment